A CD containing 20 images in jpeg format at least 72 dpi sized to 1920 x 1920 pixels. Images should be oriented with the top of the work appearing at the top of the screen. Please no application files such as Power Point, Picasa, digital slide shows, etc.
Image title list with dimensions, materials used and date work completed. Please make sure your images are numbered in corresponding order to the numbered jpegs on your disk.
One Page Resume, including exhibition history, awards and grants Please edit your resume to one page by putting only the highlights of your career.
The purpose of the artist’s statement is to communicate, in a concise and direct way, what the artist investigates, observes, or wants to express with his or her art. This is accomplished by informing the committee about specific motives, processes, and influences. The statement should specifically reflect the body of work you are submitting. Please limit your statement to 300 words or less.
Part of the mission of Lubeznik Center for the Arts is to educate the community about the arts and the intersection of life, society and art. In approximately 50-100 words, please give us information about your work (process and product) that could be used for educational purposes. Answer the following questions:
- What is the intention of your work? (or group show)
- What are your influences (historical, natural, artistic, political, etc.)
- What is your process? Do you start with an idea, a technique or an object?
- Do you have an” audience" in mind when you work?
- Submit a one page curatorial concept supporting the proposed exhibition
- History of the group or organization
- Identify a curator within the group to work with LCA curator (curator may not be a participating artist in show)
- Work previously shown in the Lubeznik Center is not eligible for exhibition
- Work must have been completed within three (3) years prior to the date of the exhibition
- Proposed exhibition must include images of all the artworks to be considered for exhibit. If works are in production please submit similar sample images of artist’s previous work.
- Follow all the other general guidelines required for submission
- The LCA reserves the right to refuse any work that does not meet the criteria.
- Artist Statement
- Education Value Statement
- Image Title List
- JPEG images
All items should be SAVED to the CD. Please write your name and contact information on the disc. Please note: if your submission is incomplete it will not be reviewed. Materials without appropriate packaging and postage will NOT be returned. The LCA reserves the right to refuse any work that does not meet the criteria.
The above items should be mailed to:
Attn: Exhibition Committee
Lubeznik Center for the Arts
101 W. 2nd St.
Michigan City, IN 46360